Saturday, August 11, 2012

On a mission

The Peruvian String Art proves very challenging with wire! As with everything it will take a lot of practice to master it. However, this is the end result for the first try. 
Unfortunately I wasn't able to take pictures of the step by step process, but I will put up the site that helped me a lot. Believe it or not, it was a math site. Going back to the early school days...

The first few steps are easy. I changed it a little. Instead of coiling wire and stretching it out and then placing that onto an outer wire I just wrapped my outer wire with gemstone beads. I used 20 gauge for the outer wire, and 26 gauge for the wire wrapping. (Use any beads you have around.) Space the beads out just a little. I would really like to be able to to come up with an intricate design for wrapping the wire. It will become my mission. Once I start getting the hang of the process and it becomes a little easier, I will probably put up a full blown tutorial for everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment